Instructions for Review of International Degrees

Your International College or University Degree 

1. Applicants with international degrees are required to submit their transcript(s) to a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. ( ) or a member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators ( Request that a report be forwarded to ABIH. The NACES and AICE organizations determine if an international university is equivalent to a college or university in the U.S.

2. If the degree is in biology, chemistry, engineering, or physics, a Basic/General/Document-by-Document report must be provided. Any other degree requires a Comprehensive/Course-by-Course report.

NACES/AICE Organizations  Most of the NACES organizations (such as the World Education Services/WES or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc./ECE ) have examples of Course-By-Course and Document-By-Document Reports on their websites. Each NACES organization will tell you what documents you need to send to complete the report (examples from WES and ECE ). The AICE organizations also have examples of Basic/Comprehensive reports and instructions as to what documents to send.
You also have a degree from the US or Canada If you have several degrees and at least 1 of them is from the U.S./Canada, a transcript evaluation may not be required for your international degree(s). Please contact the office (; or call (517) 853-5765 for advice.
Avoid Multiple Reviews If you are considering additional certifications by an organization other than ABIH, you should consult that organization’s website for international degree requirements.