A Diplomate who surrenders their certification:
- Can continue to practice IH
- Can use the ABIH certification designations only when referencing the years of active certification, e.g., Certified Industrial Hygienist, 1990-2009
- Cannot use the ABIH embossing seal or stamp
- Is removed from the ABIH email distribution list
- Is relieved of CM requirements and fees
- Can reactivate at any time
- Is subject to ABIH ethics case procedure provisions if found to be in violation of the voluntary surrender terms
Former Diplomates can continue to be listed in the ABIH online roster depending upon their status with ABIH.
|In Good Standing*||
|Not In Good Standing||
* No unresolved ethics issues, and current on all fees (due before the end of a CM cycle).